Wednesday 8 April 2015

A PLOT AWAITS

Yesterday was a nice sunny day (although still a bit cold) so I thought I'd take a walk through the allotment on my way home from work. I was eager to see which plot now belongs to me!

Improper footwear for traipsing through a snowy spring garden

Long story short, I couldn't figure it out. The plots haven't been numbered for this season yet so it's a bit hard to tell where one ends and the next begins. I did narrow it down to the general area though (I think) and this is what I discovered:

A giant pile of trash?

This is one of 3 plots in a row that look unused, and I know my plot is one of 2 "new" plots that are side by side in this general area, so I'm hoping this isn't it! It's actually a bit sad how much random garbage like this is around the garden. The whole place looks a bit like a shantytown with makeshift shelters and fences and piles of STUFF - buckets, bags, broken pallets, rope, wood, broken lawn chairs, empty pots... the list goes on. Maybe I'm wrong and this plot isn't garbage... maybe someone just decided to put everything in a giant pile for the winter? Who knows. But it looks like junky garbage to me!

I'm hoping my plot is actually one of the 2 adjacent to that one:


I especially hope it's the one on the right with the nice clear soil and no garbage! The one on the left has a lot of brush that would need to be removed before I could start any work. I guess only time will tell. Unfortunately the plot numbers aren't usually posted until the beginning of May. I was hoping I would be able to start some cool-weather crops before then though, or at the very least start removing any garbage, weeds, etc. that need clearing.


I can't wait to get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment