Saturday 4 April 2015

THE PLAN - PART 3: THE TOMATOES

Like the peppers, I may or may not be growing way. too. many. tomatoes. But at least tomatoes can be made into salsas, sauces, paste, and sundried... mmmm! I'm sure there are many other ways to prepare tomatoes too... like bruschetta, delicious. On pizzas, yum. Oven roasted, fantastic. I love tomatoes!

I'm not entirely sure yet what kind of tomatoes I'm growing, as like my sweet rainbow peppers, I bought a package of heirloom tomato seeds that were all mixed together. I tried my best to differentiate between them and tried to plant as many different looking ones as I could, but we'll see how well I really did once the tomatoes show up!

some fuzzy, some smooth, some big, some small, some dark, some light.

Here's a selection of what I *might* be growing:

Clockwise from top right: Purple Cherokee, Black from Tula, Big Rainbow, Dixie Golden Giant, Brandywine Red, and Aunt Ruby's German Green
I know that I definitely have either Cherokees or Brandywines growing (or maybe both), since their leaves look different than the others. I'm really hoping that I have at least one Big Rainbow plant, I love the colours and the weird brain-like insides!

I'm also growing some Tiny Tim and Tumbing Tom tomatoes, which are cherry tomato varieties, as well as Roma tomatoes which I plan to use for making sauce.


What else will be in the garden?
THE PLAN - PART 1: THE BASICS
THE PLAN - PART 2: THE PEPPERS
THE PLAN - PART 4: THE WEIRDOS


No comments:

Post a Comment