Friday 10 July 2015

SQUASH AND SPOTS



I love how this picture looks like I'm just guerilla gardening in a random field.

Anyways, exciting day today as I picked my first poquito squash!

Ain't she a beaut?
And there are plenty more on the way too!


The massive poquito squash plant
The other squashes are coming along too:

Some regular green zucchinis


And a yellow crookneck summerpac squash - can you see it in there? It's super tiny! Notice how lovely this plant is... the cucumber beetles seem to be avoiding it entirely. There's not a single trace of bug damage on it. Amazing!


I had to give the tomatoes a massive haircut today because I noticed THIS - looks like tomato leaf spot, aka sceptoria, a fungus!!! So I chopped off all the infected leaves and plan to spray the plants with some sort of baking soda fungicide to stop it from spreading...



No more leaves... 
Lots of roma tomatoes though!
This big ugly heirloom tomato just keeps getting bigger and uglier every day!


Just waiting for the tumbling toms to start ripening now...


So much lettuce!!!


Still trying to get those melons to grow UP the trellis...


And my favourite pepper patch <3

No comments:

Post a Comment